26th April 2021 update
During lockdown, Go Girl and other members of The ABI (Association of British Insurers) pledged to offer enhanced help and support to all customers who may be affected by the impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19).
As lockdown restrictions change, these temporary pledges will come to an end on the 30th April 2021.
Key changes that may affect you and may require action:
- If there are ongoing changes to your working and driving activities since taking out your policy, particularly if using your vehicle to drive to work or driving to different locations for work purposes, please inform us as soon as possible. Contact Us if this applies to you or a named driver on your policy.
- If you are continuing to use your own vehicle for voluntary purposes (i.e. transporting medicines) this will continue to be covered by your policy at no extra cost.
The below relates to before 30th April 2021
We appreciate that this is a very worrying time and people are looking for the most up to date information possible on the Coronavirus, COVID-19.
In these unprecedented times we will do our very best to support our customers in as normal a way as possible. Almost all of our staff are now working remotely with the same access to systems as when in the office so we are striving to ensure you don’t experience any change in our customer service. This is currently working extremely well but please do bear with us should any technical issues emerge.
As a member of the Association of British Insurers we are offering enhanced help and support to any customer affected by the impact of COVID-19.
- Supporting customers who need to make a claim. We will do everything we can to continue to handle claims in the usual way prioritising those in vulnerable circumstances.
- Support those unable to work from home. Your car insurance policy with us will not be affected if you have to drive to your workplace.
- Supporting our customers who are supporting their communities. At a time like this we need to do more to support our communities. If you are volunteering and using your car to transport groceries, medicines etc to those impacted by COVID-19, your car insurance policy with us will not be affected.
- Supporting our key workers. You may be required to use your car to drive to different locations for work purposes if your work is critical to the national response to COVID-19. If this is the case your car insurance policy will not be affected.
NOTE: If the above applies to you, you do not need to notify us of this change and your documents do not need to be updated.
You can find further guidance on some of the most frequently asked questions we are being asked during COVID_19 in our FAQs. If you can’t find the information you need in our FAQs please contact us in the usual way.